GXS Active Catalogue
GXS ActiveSM Catalogue is an easy-to-use, hosted SaaS application that enables retailers and merchandise suppliers to synchronize product data such as price, color, size, style and GTIN. With its unsurpassed breadth as the industry’s largest database of product information—more than 150 million current and unique items—it is the cornerstone for global retail product synchronization.
Active Catalogue offers a complete solution for item setup, maintenance and synchronization, supporting the latest EAN.UCC System global standards and initiatives. With a proven track record for enabling retail supply chain automation, GXS ensures fast, reliable product catalog setup and support to reduce time to market, driving an immediate increase in sales.
- Data Synchronization—Using Active Catalogue retailers can subscribe to catalog updates from their supplier community. Merchandise suppliers can publish their catalogs to multiple retailers.
- Data Attributes—Active Catalogue supports a wide range of attributes for each product including GTIN, brand name, NRF color code; NRF size code and suggested retail price.
- Data Validation—In addition to synchronizing data, Active Catalogue can also be configured to provide validations. Standard validations include data formats for GTIN, dates and code lists. Optional validations include booking date, country of origin and minimum order quantity.
- Multiple Connectivity Options—Active Catalogue offers connectivity options for both large and small trading partners including EDI 832, PRICAT, qXML, file upload and a web portal.
Active Catalogue delivers immediate benefits to retailers and suppliers.
As a retailer, data synchronization can provide benefits such as:
- A single source for high quality and timely supplier data to reduce merchandising administrative costs
- Automated item setup improving time to market
- Reduced POS scanning errors improves customer service and reduces reconciliation costs
Suppliers can gain the following benefits from data synchronization:
- Faster receipt of confirmed orders to improve their manufacturing forecasts
- Accurate orders thus reducing administrative costs, shipping charge-backs, and invoice deductions
- Better utilization of sales force to reduce the overall cost to serve