When B2B business processes are automated and transactions are flowing electronically between trading partners, companies need visibility into these transactions in order to speed decision making, respond quickly to changing customer and market demands and optimize their business processes. Trading partner related performance trends and exceptions need to be monitored and managed to ensure that supply chain operations are running to optimal efficiency. This requires a solution that enables organizations and its users to analyze the B2B transactions flowing across OpenText’s Business Network.
B2B Analytics on the Trading Grid
Trading Grid Analytics enables companies to easily access, analyze, and view the rich data being exchanged across OpenText’s Business Network in order to gain critical business insights and act upon information about their B2B transactions and trading partners.
Businesses will typically need answers to the following questions:
- Who are my top trading partners and how many transactions and of what type have I exchanged with them?
- Who are my top and bottom performing partners based on specific KPIs such as complete orders, on time deliveries and ASN timeliness?
- For which trading partners has the volume (order/payment) increased or decreased by more than 20% over the last 6 months?
- Which of my customers sent me the most orders during the end of year holiday season?
Contact OpenText GXS
Call us on +1 800-334-2255 or click here to complete our online form.
Current Capabilities Include:
Customized Metric Reports – Through an engagement with OpenText Professional Services, any type of custom metric can be defined for a company. This custom metric could be aligned with a unique company requirement or industry specific KPI.
Standard Metric Reports – Trading Grid Analytics reports on nine standard metrics which are split across two categories, operational and business level reporting metrics:
- Operational Metrics – delivers transactional data intelligence and volume trends needed to improve operational efficiencies and drive company profitability. These metrics are based on transaction volumes flowing between trading partners, such as: Purchase Orders, Invoices, Advanced Ship Notices and Order Acknowledgements.
There are currently two operational metrics available: Volume by Document Type and Volume by Trading Partners (Top 10/Bottom 10 performers).
- Business Metrics – deliver the business process visibility required to make better decisions faster; spot and pursue market opportunities; mitigate risk and gain business agility. Business metrics are based on the information from within each transaction, so this could include price and quantity information for example. There are currently seven business metrics available:
- ASN Timeliness
- Price Variance
- Invoice Accuracy
- Quantity Variance
- Order Acceptance
- Top Partners by Spend
- Top Products by Invoiced Amount
Data Blending Support – Through a process of data blending, Trading Grid Analytics can accept EDIFACT, ANSI X12 and CSV files from other enterprise business systems. The data blending process ensures that you have a complete 360 degree view of all B2B transactions flowing across a supply chain.
Dashboards – These leverage embedded analytics technology from OpenText’s own business intelligence capabilities. The main dashboard home page provides a simple and intuitive user interface to allow users to drill down into any one of the nine available reports. Charts can be displayed according to specific date ranges to allow queries to be performed across a specific time period. The charts can be exported as CSV files for use in other applications or as PDF’s to use in reports.
Document Support – Trading Grid Analytics includes support for both ANSI X12 and EDIFACT based document formats to provide a deep understanding of transaction flows and supply chain performance relating to the more popular EDI formats in use today.
Dedicated Analytics Environment – Trading partner transactions are copied on a daily basis to the OpenText Managed Services based analytics platform where operational and business metrics reporting can then be undertaken.
This cloud-based analytics environment provides a highly available and scalable transaction archive and analysis environment so as transaction volumes increase, Trading Grid Analytics can scale accordingly.